Thursday, August 5, 2010

SQLSaturday #49 – Orlando Update

Planning is going forward for SQLSaturday #49 – Orlando and the event is coming together well.  My main task is sponsors and I have to admit this is not an easy task.  I’m still trying to figure out what is the right frequency of contact.  I don’t want to contact too often and become an annoyance, but I want to contact potential sponsors enough to keep the event on their mind.  We do have several sponsors signed up, but as most of you know, we can always use more to make the event bigger and better.

The schedule is up and is another GREAT schedule.  I believe we have 10 MVP’s on the schedule and several speakers who will be speaking at the 2010 PASS SUMMIT schedule including some who have received spotlight sessions.

We’ve cracked 100 registrations but in order to get to our goal of 300 attendees we need 400+ registrations.  This means it is time to start the marketing push.  I’m going to try a few new things this year, like getting on newspaper event calendars, but I’m not sure what the right method is.  I’m open to suggestions.

Our August OPASS meeting is next week and we’ll spend some time talking about SQLSaturday, get input from the attendees, and solicit help getting the word out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think I am?